Hi there! My name is Kristina! I’m a 25-year old first-time new-mom-to-be living in Washington state with my husband, whom I call Mr. Owl. A few facts you should know about me:
- We live on the coast, in a very little-known part of the state called Olalla; it’s basically hick country, and I’m basically a farm-girl at heart.
- I eat Paleo 85% of the time. Not because I’m a health nut, but because while pregnant I discovered just how intolerant my body is to dairy, grains, sugars, and legumes. But because of that, I’m so much more aware of how food affects the body, the skin, the emotions… everything. I guess that saying “you are what you eat” is kind of true. And occasionally, I want to be a Reeses Peanut Butter cup.
- I love vintage clothes, and most of my wardrobe wasn’t meant for a pregnant woman. But I wear it anyway, because I know you don’t have to be restricted by style just because your body isn’t the shape it used to be.
- My husband is a pastor’s kid, and we love Jesus. So I’m kind of here to show you that modest fashion doesn’t have to be all shapeless floor-length high-necked potato sacks. My knees do like to see the sun once in a while.
- I was homeschooled and no I didn’t wear pajamas to do my homework. But now, I work from home and yes now I wear pajamas all day sometimes. But that’s mostly because also I’m pregnant and my husband’s fuzzy plaid pj’s are the most comfortable thing I’ve ever worn.
- I am a cat lover, an owl lover, and addicted to pretty much any jewelry with bugs or animals on it.
- The husband and I are huge Tolkien nerds. In fact, he once told his brother he’d never date a girl unless she liked Lord of the Rings. His brother just laughed and said “yeah right, good luck.” And then they met me, with my Arwen necklace and elf name and 4 different editions of the trilogies. The rest, as they say, was history.
- I may be addicted to thrift store shopping.
Nice to meet you!
How old are you?
- I am the grand old age of twenty-five.
Who takes your outfit pictures?
- Mostly myself and the tripod, but sometimes Mr. Owl. He’s this fantastic photographer I know… who also happens to be my main squeeze.
And no, “Mr. Owl” is not his real name.
What kind of camera do you use?
- … a very fancy one. I have to admit, I have no idea. Except that it’s a Canon
What is Paleo, and why do you do it?
- You can read all about what Paleo actually is here, which includes why I eat this way.
- Also, read this post if you’re interested in trying the Paleo diet.
- And here’s a few recipes while you’re at it.
- Or you can browse the Paleo tag and read all about my history with Paleo.
How do you find clothes to wear during pregnancy?
- Short answer: I’m stubborn and poor, so I have to be creative.
- Long answer: the sales racks are my BEST friends, and I shop a lot at my local thrift stores! I don’t get stuck wearing maternity only, because lots of regular clothing works so long as you size up, it’s stretchy, or it has an empire waist. Get creative!
How do I subscribe?
- Four options: Twitter, Email, Facebook, or Bloglovin’. You can find all of these over to the right.
As well, I update Chictopia and Pinterest with my daily outfits. You can find those in the sidebar as well.
Why are your older posts signed “Mara”?
- That’s sort of a long story. Since I’m not going to go through 200+ posts to change the signature, you should probably just go read this post. It explains a lot.
If you want to know anything at all, you can ask me on Formspring, or email me at: email@example.com