Hi there! My name is Kristina! I’m a 25-year old first-time new-mom living in the rural foothills of Washington state with my husband, whom I’ve nicknamed Mr. Owl, and our darling baby boy, Asa Reuben. I have a distant dream to someday become a published author, but for now I claim the titles of Adoring Wife, Mama, Fashion Blogger, Addicted Thrifter, Vintage Wearer, and Owl Lover. Oh, and I also work part time from home.
Five years ago, I had very little style sense at all, and was most often found in baggy jeans and ill-fitted tee shirts because of my insecurity with my figure, and my fear of standing out. But then I lost a few pounds and discovered fashion blogging, and I’ve gradually settled into a zone of style that is distinctly retro-vintage-feminine, with occasional forays into the land of could-be-a-crazy-60-year-old-cat-lady. Much to my husband’s dismay, I rarely pass up the crazy vintage garments.
Hereabouts, you’ll find lots of daily fashion posts, various makeup looks that can be created with drugstore products, occasional Paleo recipes, how-to posts about everything from How To Make a Chalkboard to How to Survive Labor to How to Deal with a Newborn Baby, an overabundance of baby pictures… and sometimes features of the incredibly good-looking love of my life.
I hope you stick around! And as always, have a beautiful day!
How old are you?
- I am the grand old age of twenty-five.
Who takes your outfit pictures?
- Mostly myself and the tripod, but sometimes Mr. Owl. He’s this fantastic photographer I know… who also happens to be my main squeeze.
And no, “Mr. Owl” is not his real name.
What kind of camera do you use?
- … a very fancy one. I have to admit, I have no idea. Except that it’s a Canon
What is Paleo, and why do you do it?
I eat Paleo 85% of the time not because I’m a health nut, but because while pregnant I discovered just how intolerant my body is to dairy, grains, sugars, and legumes. But because of that, I’m so much more aware of how food affects the body, the skin, the emotions… everything. I guess that saying “you are what you eat” is kind of true. And occasionally, I want to be a Reeses Peanut Butter cup.
- You can read all about what Paleo actually is here, which includes why I eat this way.
- Also, read this post if you’re interested in trying the Paleo diet.
- And here’s a few recipes while you’re at it.
- Or you can browse the Paleo tag and read all about my history with Paleo.
How did you find clothes to wear during pregnancy?
- Short answer: I’m stubborn and poor, so I have to be creative.
- Long answer: the sales racks are my BEST friends, and I shop a lot at my local thrift stores! I don’t get stuck wearing maternity only, because lots of regular clothing works so long as you size up, it’s stretchy, or it has an empire waist. Get creative!
How do I subscribe?
- Four options: Twitter, Email, Facebook, or Bloglovin’. You can find all of these over to the right.
As well, I update Chictopia and Pinterest with my daily outfits. You can find those in the sidebar as well.
Why are your older posts signed “Mara”?
- That’s sort of a long story. Since I’m not going to go through 200+ posts to change the signature, you should probably just go read this post. It explains a lot.
If you want to know anything at all, you can ask me on Formspring, or email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org